Monday, June 06, 2005

Burlesqued

Here are some thoughts from THE GLUE on how to improve our band:

  • What do you guys think about ethnic stereotypes? I was thinking we could do something with those. I don't know what yet. That area is ripe for exploitation.

  • I think Bren should wear different funny hats on stage... a new one each song! For example, during the song "Harmony of the Sprouts" he can wear a hat that looks like a wedge of cheese! Also: Marfa should always be cradling a cute cat that she sings to, and I should have a 2-ton thermonuclear device strapped to my leg so I can't move and the world blows up when it detonates. Thoughts?

  • I can't stop jumping! That'll be my schtick. Look at me go! I can adopt it in real life too, not just on stage. I've already started in fact. I am an unstoppable jumping machine. Even if you guys don't like the idea, it will have no effect. I jump for myself. Call me "Jumper Jack"!

  • We spray the audience with water. Sounds tame, right? Get this: We lace the water with FLAMES.

  • I get a haircut.

  • We change the third chord during the chorus of "Hello Magpie" to a G-F trinsic. It just sounds better. More "uppy", like we discussed.

  • I suggest I wear an outfit made of food.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home